Ms. Czjai, with her post: Kalbi Taco, on her blog The Rebel Sweetheart.
------------- oo000oo -------------
This week's post is inspired by an instagram post (which she also shared here with us, two Food Friday weeks ago) by Teacher Julie, her Banana and Egg Pancakes. I was intrigued with the way she incorporated plantain into her pancake, and I know I just had to make mine, too. I did some modifications on my pancake, though, that's why am calling it Banana, Oats, and Cinnamon Pancake. Or maybe you can call it "Whatever-Is-Available Pancake", since I just used whatever I had at that moment. I had to buy the bananas, though. :P
- 4 bananas (i used ripe saba bananas)
- 2 teaspoonfuls honey
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine everything.
- Heat a pan and add a bit of oil. Put a tablespoon (or whatever is convenient for you) of the mixture into the hot pan. I chose to put a lid over mine and steam it at the same time - found out it cooks faster this way which lessens the time the other side touches the pan (and prevents burning).
- Warm, room temperature, or straight from the refrigerator, I liked it!
I actually cooked this as my brunch a couple of days ago. I wasn't able to eat everything all at once so the rest went to the refrigerator. Eating this reminds me of "nilupak na saba" (mashed unripe saba bananas with the meat of a young coconut), which my yaya used to make. I actually ate the rest as the day progressed, and every time I passed by the refrigerator, though. lol. Yes, it was gone before the day was done. :P
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code