Ms. Winnie, with her post Shortbread Roll-cookies filled with Honey and Nuts, on her blog: Something Sweet.
|I really do admire the way Ms. Winnie creates her baked goodies! Makes me wish we were neighbors every time I visit her blog! I would be her number one customer! :) Do go and check out her delightful shortbread roll; just click on the above shot!|
------------- oo000oo -------------
My youngest wanted some more shrimps for this week, so I obliged. The 'leftover' shrimps I added into a pasta dish, which I'd like to call: Shrimp and Avocado Pasta.
- spaghetti (cooked accdg to package instructions)
- avocado (diced)
- garlic and onion
- salt, pepper, butter, extra virgin olive oil, mayonnaise, cheese
- pepper flakes (optional)
|some of the ingredients used|
- Cook the spaghetti accdg to package instructions.
- Clean the shrimps and devein. Cook (almost like blanching, really) shrimps in a bit of boiling water together with the head, add salt and pepper, then remove. Reserve the resulting broth.
- Add butter in a hot pan, then dump in the garlic and onions. Mix till you're satisfied, then add the shrimps and the reserved broth. Add mayonnaise (I didn't have any cream, so ...), just till it gets creamy. Adjust the taste.
- Immediately follow with the cooked spaghetti and the diced avocado. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with some cilantro and a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- You may add pepper flakes and cheese, if you like.
This is the first time that I have tried mixing avocado with shrimps (I know, it is weird! lol) and I must say, I like it! My youngest didn't care for this dish at all, specially when I added the chili flakes. I didn't mind, and neither did he...he was busy eating his plateful of shrimps! :D
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code