Ms. Iska who owns the site ISKAndals.com, with her blog post: Saucy Pan-Fried Crispy Chicken Wings Adobo
------------ oo000oo ------------
My post for this week is: Banana Bud/Blossom in Coconut Milk (with Shiitake Mushrooms).
- one whole banana bud/blossom
- several dried shiitake mushrooms
- coconut milk (pure and diluted)
- water, salt, onions, ginger, chili, fish sauce
|banana bud/blossom cut thinly then mixed with salt and pressed to remove the sap; mushrooms soaked in water|
- Slice the banana blossoms thinly (except the thick top ... discard that part) then add coarse salt. Press together to release the liquid/sap from the sliced blossoms. It will turn brown. Remove the liquid and discard. Set the banana blossoms aside.
- Place around two cups diluted coconut milk on pot, together with crushed ginger, chili, and sliced onions. Add the banana blossoms and sliced mushrooms; let boil. Simmer for around twenty-five minutes (or more) until tender. Add water if needed.
- When both the mushrooms and banana blossoms are tender, add around a cup of pure coconut milk. Again, simmer for around five minutes (this is the part where you may adjust the seasonings: salt or fish sauce) then turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.
Had that together with fried salted fish (boneless dangit) and steamed rice. I ate a lot of rice that lunch. :D
I notice I seem to be eating/posting food with coconut milk these past few weeks. Not to worry, next week am sure there will be NO coconut milk! lol. Thanks so much for playing, everyone!
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code