Mr. Jay who blogs over at More Than I Can Chew, with his post:
@ Red Ribbon Bakeshop (Chocolate Fudge Cake)
------------ :star - :star - :star ------------
My food post for today is something that just warms my heart...though I revised it (A LOT, lol): Meatballs and Eggplants in Misua Noodles
My mother used to cook misua with sardines when I was young. It sometimes served as our afternoon snack during weekends, together with some neighborhood kids who'd come over and play. Her recipe was simple enough: saute some garlic and onions in vegetable oil, add canned sardines, then add about a cup and a half of water; once it's boiling add in the misua noodles. Snack would be ready within ten minutes!
Mine's a variation of her recipe....
well, I'd like to think so. :i
- ground pork (made into meatballs, mixed with spanish paprika, salt, pepper, soy sauce, garlic, egg, and onion)
- eggplant (sliced thinly) and chili (both pan-grilled)
- onion, garlic, and tomatoes (all diced)
- water, pepper, salt
- canola oil (around a tablespoon for sauteeing)
- misua noodles
- Saute the diced onion, garlic and tomatoes briefly then set aside.
- Add the meatballs one by one till cooked.
- Add water then let boil.
- You may opt to add salt (or fish sauce) at this point. Your choice.
- Once boiling, add the misua noodles; it'll be done in two minutes, or less.
- The eggplants and chili can be added once the soup is transferred to a bowl.
*adding chili is always optional.
I didn't have this as a snack, though. It was dinner. ^_^
Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players as well and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥
*if you have problems with linking, do send me a message (or make a comment below) since I might be able to help...would hate to miss a food post from you! <3
get the InLinkz code